Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm That Mom...

Here's my contribution to an impromptu blog carnival via Ronnie Sundance Maier based on a post by Flo Gascon http://sumbthucker.tumblr.com/post/850235773/im-that-mom

I'm that mom, the one who is driving the little charcoal gray Saturn w/ the windows down (the air conditioning no longer works). The license plate holders are pretend barbed wire (a Father's Day gift to my husband) and the bumper stickers read "RU," "Ryan Montbleau Band" and "My unschooler will rescue your honor student from the zombies." Riding in the car with me are four girls between the ages of 9 and 13.75. Our hair colors include teal ends (mine), pink ends, shades of dark blue, flame red w/ bleached bangs, and naturally red (the child who isn't mine.) We are all singing along, loudly, to "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga, it's the Glee version. It's a beautiful Monday morning in July and we are headed to pick blueberries.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, man, we have GOT to get together. Sounds like a great day and, yes, so representative of the joy and freedom we reach for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like my kinda mom and my kinda morning :} ... this has been such fun - i joined in too - just loved the spur of the moment feeling and the fun of it!

    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH!!! Bad Romance! I'm that mom whose six year old daughter knows the words to that song. *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want one of those stickers ... where did you get it:-)
    thanks for sharing
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly Lovejoy is the bumper sticker lady :)
    Here's the info you need:
    Bumper stickers are available for $3 plus $1 for shipping.

    Send a check to
    Kelly Lovejoy
    118 Steeplechase South
    Columbia, SC 29209-4810

    or Paypal to kbcdlovejo@aol.com

    Don't forget to give me your snail mail address!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! So glad you shared this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Except for Lady Gaga and Glee, that is, but it's our differences that make life fun, right? I can just put on my headphones and listen to Screamin' Jay Hawkins sing "The Constipation Blues."

    ReplyDelete